Sunday, August 30, 2009

Surf Video at Plage de Ouakam

1
2
3
4

With a lull in the rain, I went for a swim at the plage with the underwater video cam, both for the exercise, and to work out a few of the logistics: carrying the gear to the beach, getting in/out in a shorebreak and currents, managing my gear in the water, buoyancy, etc.

The visibility was zero, largely I think due to sediment transport through beach erosion. There was a swell, perhaps a couple of meters high with the larger sets, and I swam out of the cove to film along the Mamelles cliff.

Note the following two clips from the swim, uploaded to you tube: OuakamPlage1 OuakamPlage2


I was on lunch duty Friday and witnessed an interesting event taking place above the athletic field at ISD. Large numbers of swallows were swooping in low to feed on what appeared to be a hatch of dragon flies. Note the video at BugHatch@ISD.

No comments: